BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, May 2, 2010

To Kill a Mockingbird: Post 1

Perspective: Atticus
Chapter 2-3

The days are growing monotonus. Get up early, go to work, spend the day earning little money, and coming home. The only thing that ever makes it possible is when my I see my two kids running to me as soon as I round the street corner. I work as hard as I can so I can put food on the table for them. I'm glad that I don't have to pay tuition for their school, we would have no money at all. Scout seemed kind of down the first day that she got home from. It was nice to have the Cunnningham boy over, Walter I believe. I thought maybe Scout is making some decent friends at school, But that was unfortunately untrue. The next day, after I got home, she seemed upset, and not like herself, when I asked her if she wanted to go and read with me, something totally indigenous to Scout and I, and she denied, I knew something was wrong. She walked out to the porch, and I persued her, to try and figure out what had happened. She told me that she didn't feel well, and that she didn't wish to attend school the fallowing day. After I said that if we give her a spoonful of magnesium, she insisted that she felt fine. I asked her what was really the matter, and she told me the events over the past two days. Apperently, her new teacher didn't like the fact that I had taught her to read, and Calpurnia teaching her to write. She said told me about how Burris Ewell had hurt her teacher, Ms. Caroline so badly, how she said that I was teaching her wrong. I was irked by the fact that she filled my daughters head with the lies that I was teaching her wrong to intimidate her, but I needed an excuse to keep her in school, and make her happy. I decided that we would make a comprimise. I pronounced that she and I could keep reading as long as we kept it our secret. She joyusly agreed, and I told her that if she ever told Ms. Caroline, she would come after me, and that would be very bad. We continued our reading, and there was a man who sat a top a flagpole for no apparent reason in one collumn, and this kept Jem in their tree house all of saturday, having Scout run him errands and bring him nourishment, I told her that if she were to ignore him, he would come down. It worked.

0 comments: