Lord of the Flies Chapter 10: The Shell and the Glasses “Warnings and Savages” Perspective: Simon I was warned, but I didn't listen. I don't blame any of them for what happened to me; the Lord of the Flies told me that they would do me in. I felt the need to tell them about the dead man on the mountain, and I just forgot its warning. They are in denial about killing me, but Ralph is the only person who seems willing to accept the fact that they participated in the killing, and that denying it won't purge them of what they have done. Their all a little barmy after last night, I think it’s hard for them to except the fact that they participated in that god forsaken dance. I can only hope that they all stay alive and are found before they kill each other off completely. After night came, the boys at Ralph’s camp had put the fire out because there wasn’t enough smoke and a ship wouldn’t be able to see it at night. Jack and the other two noticed this, and pondered another plan. They snuck up on the shelter that Ralph and the other remaining biguns were in. Jack made a loud noise and Piggy woke up. He whispered to Ralph, “Stop making that noise!” Jack moved in where he heard them talking and whispered in a truly demonic voice: “PIGGY? PIGGY?” it was horrid and even frightened me. Jack continued with the demonic voices and Piggy and to others thought it was the beast, and then Jack and the others sprung and thumped Piggy, then Ralph grabbed Eric and they started fighting. Ralph thought that Eric was one of the hunters in the pitch black night. The others got into a huge fight, and they were beating each other up, in the huge quarrel the shelter that they were in collapsed, and Roger pinned Piggy down and Jack snatched his glasses, the hunters and their new “chief” ran down the beach as fast as they could until the camp was out of sight. The four biguns finished their fight with one another, and assured the littluns that it was okay, and that Jack and his hunters had just attacked. The boys had bloodied each other up, and Eric had delivered a swift knee to Ralph’s pills, and Sam got tangled up in the wreckage of the corner of the collapsed shelter. Piggy lay unharmed on the floor of the shelter while the boys took his glasses. Now I am deeply worried about their survival, they have no fire to signal a ship, and Jack will obviously not use it to any attempt of escape. With the boys two separate, battling tribes, and ones disconcert for escape, their
Jack has taken control over every bigun on the island, save Samneric, Piggy, and Ralph. Jack is filling their heads with lies. He says that the beast came in a disguise as me. He beat the boy Wilfred, probably because he knew that it was actually me that they killed, and that Jack was lying to them about me being the beast. I was surprised about this, all the boys knew of the beating, but despite their lack of illumination, they seemed fine with the thought of this perhaps innocent boy going to be beaten by their leader. I don’t see Jack as a leader; he is too cruel to the others and manipulates them with food and fear. Their savagery has taken them over.
Jack told them that they were going to hunt, and when they were done, after nightfall, He Maurice and Roger would go to steal the fire from the other camp. I was upset with his idea of stealing the fire from them. I’m sure if they asked Ralph, they could have worked out a deal, but Jack seems too greedy to want to share, especially with Ralph, and I’m sure Ralph would feel the same way towards Jack right now. They need to start over and be friends again, this whole separate tribe that Jack has made, they have split apart, and the only way they will survive is if they work together and keep their savagery at bay.
STUDENT SURVEYS
16 years ago
0 comments:
Post a Comment